The Asus router is a networking device that is used to get a reliable internet speed connection. It is dual-band wireless-N900 gigabit router that gives best performance and high Wi-Fi coverage in your home or office. Asus router has two built-in USB ports which make sharing and networking easier. You can download HTTP, FTP, and P2P files to a router-connected USB storage device without the need of PC.
Setting up these routers is very easy and allows the user to be quickly free of the setup process. If you have Asus router then you can use it for various purposes as it has multiple functions or features. One of the best features of this device is that it can share computers and printers across a home network by doing the asus router printer setup. Asus router has a service known as print server that allows you to connect wireless printers and use them from your PC on the wireless network.
As we already mentioned above that Asus router has two built-in USB ports that allow network printer and file server connections, so you can perform multiple tasks at once.
You would be able to print from anywhere in your house by connecting a wireless printer to your Asus router. If you wish to have two or more computers on a wireless network sharing a single printer in your home or office, then it is recommended to connect your printer to a wireless router. With modern computer network connections, it is also possible to make your printer wireless by connecting it to a router.
In this article, we will guide you to connect a printer to a wireless router by using the asus usb printer setup method.
Follow the steps for asus wireless router printer setup:
- First of all, Run the ‘Add Printer Wizard’ and install a local printer on your PC by clicking the ‘Add a printer’ option.
- Download or install the printer drivers to your computers that you want to connect to the printer.
- Next, connect the printer to the port of Asus router by using a USB cable and then turn the printer on.
- Now, click ‘Start’ and open the ‘Control Panel’ window on your PC.
- Next, click on ‘Printer’ icon, and then click on ‘Properties’ to open the Printer Properties window.
- After that, click ‘Port’ icon to add a standard TCP/IP port.
- Now, click ‘Add Port’ and select ‘Standard TCP/IP Port’ then click the ‘New Port’ button.
- By clicking the ‘Next’ button, a new window appears in front of you and you would be asked to enter the printer name/IP address and port name.
- Next, enter your Asus router’s IP address i.e. 168.1.1 in the ‘Printer Name/IP Address’ field. The port name will be filled automatically once you have entered the IP address. Click ‘Next’.
- Now select ‘Custom’ option and click ‘Settings’.
- On the Port settings window, set Protocol to ‘LPR’ and enter ‘LPR Server’ in the Queue Name field then click ‘OK’ to continue.
- After that use the Printer driver that you have installed and click ‘Next’ to type a Printer name then go to ‘Printer Sharing’ settings to share your printer to the home network.
- Click ‘Finish’ to finish the installation process and exit the ‘Add Printer Wizard’.
- Next, print a test page on each of the computers by clicking the ‘Test Print’ option. If the printer prints out the page correctly, it is now ready for use.
You have successfully completed the ‘asus wireless router printer setup’ process. If you need further assistance, you can contact us on our toll free no. or also chat live with us.