Hello guys! We hope you are doing well. This article will teach you how to connect a laptop to a wireless router. This article will guide you in the best way possible. To connect a laptop to a router, we have explained the process to work on different platforms. We recommend you to follow the instructions that we have provided below carefully.
How to connect a laptop to a wireless router: Pre – Configuration
Before we proceed to discuss how to connect a laptop to a wireless router, you need the following items for the configuration.
- Wireless router
- Stable Internet connection
This section will take you through the instructions to explain you how to connect a laptop to a wireless router on a window powered laptop. Follow the instructions only if your laptop supports a windows operating system.
- Look at the right side of the taskbar and you will see the WiFi icon. The icon is a series of curved lines. It could be also as a series of increasing tall bars.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to let your laptop search for active wireless networks around you.
- After the list of active wireless networks appear in the list, look for your home wifi. Make sure you remember the SSID or name of your wireless router.
- Select your home SSID and click the Connect tab to connect a laptop to a wireless router.
- If prompted, enter the security key of your wireless network in the key fields. You will see this if you have configured your wireless router with wireless network security settings.
- Now your laptop will get connected to the wireless router and you can enjoy surfing the Internet.
Now this section will make you walk through the instructions to know how to connect a laptop to a wireless router using a Mac operating system. If your laptop supports Mac OS, follow the instructions given below.
- Click on the menu bar and you will see a drop-down menu.
- Click on the Wifi icon and select your home wifi from the list of active SSIDs.
- Now you will be prompted to enter the security key of your wireless network.
- Click on the OK tab only if the entered password is correct.
- Now your laptop will get connected to the wireless router.
So this article was all about connecting a laptop to a wireless router. We hope you got to know how to connect a laptop to a wireless router easily. In case you face an issue while attempting to connect your laptop to the wireless router, give us a call on our 24×7 Toll-Free number and our team of technical experts will guide you on the same. Thank you for reading this article.